FINAL UPDATE November 11 7.00pm GMT
Florida’s votes have been counted and Obama declared the winner.
Electoral college votes:
- Obama 332
- Romney 206
- Obama 50.51% (61,719,109)
- Romney 47.87% (58,498,425)
Results on a page
UPDATE November 7 9.30am GMT
Obama wins, with Florida still to be “called”.
Of the 8 so called “Swing States” Obama has won the 7 declared with just Florida to be called.
Excluding Washington DC as a State Obama has won in 25 and Romney 24.
Florida votes with 96% counted stand at Obama 4,129,360 Romney 4,083,221. We believe if the difference is less than 0.5% a recount may apply. Florida has 29 Electoral College votes
The popular vote stands at:
- Obama 57,885,939 (
- Romney 55,979,642
We will update on the finalisation of vote counting.
- United States Presidential Election – Wikipedia
- Your Guide to the Election night (what to look out for as the results come in) - Jag Singh (via Guido Fawkes)
Here’s our home grown Results on a page tracker / score sheet for the Presidential election.
It assumes the same basic level of knowledge of the US system as we have (e & o e) including:
- 50 States plus the District of Columbia make up the Electoral College
- A simple majority of votes wins the day ie 270 of the 538
- We have picked up the information from one of the numerous election maps likely it was CNN’s
- Being non-partisan we are predicting a tie (in which case after all the recounts and many legal actions we hope to collect on our wager with a certain Mr Paddy Power who still offer 22/1 on this outcome as we write)!
They should be accessible on most mobile devices and with eg Evernote, Smart Office 2 and various other readers or similar apps the extraordinarily keen may choose to update them with the actual results!
We will likely do this eventually but we have a feeling there could be some delays particularly if it is within 20 votes or so.