UPDATES: 9.45pm BST
- Q3 Revenues / eps $37.43bn / $1.28
- Unit sales millions – iPhones 35.2 iPads 13.3 Macs 4.4 iPods 2.9
- Guidance Q4 Revenues / eps $37 -$40bn $1.20 (ish)
- Closing share price $94.72 Current price (WSJ) Initial after hours reaction down about 50c
- We have updated our graph & results schedule below.
- More tomorrow but looks like overall performance particularly Q4 guidance is a bit below market expectations.
Apple results, for their Q3 2014 (13 weeks ending June 28) should be released around 9.30 pm BST followed fairly rapidly by their Conference Call at 10pm BST (2pm PDT) which you can listen to live.The, sort of, headline figures to look out for we think are:
- If their revenues are less than $39bn this quarter the growth rate will for the 5th consecutive quarter on a moving annual total basis show an increase of less than 2%!
- Quarter 3 results consensus (Professionals/The Street) Revenues / Earnings per share – $38.0bn / $1.23
- Quarter 4 mid guidance consensus Revenues / Earnings per share – $40.5bn / $1.34
Whilst no new product announcements will be made many think that a new larger iPhone in Q4 and possibly an iWatch are on the cards but still no sign of an Apple TV.
The source of much of our information is Philip Elmer-Dewitt editor of Apple 2.0 to whom we, and likely many others are indebted. Our normal graphic uses his info for the Professionals and Amateurs figures and the mid guidance information from Apple. We also add our guesses. We’re going for a rounded and aggressively high set of results this time!
We will report back later after the results are released . Usually the Q & A session adds value. We shall see, or rather hear, if this continues to be the case and report back tomorrow.
Our header courtesy of Apple is from their Investor News page – impressive!