. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Best selling Business hardbacks w/e January 18 (published by the Wall Street Journal on January 22).
Strengths Finder 2.0 retains the #1 spot and there are two re-entries at #‘s 8 & 9 The Challenger Sale by Matthew Dixon and The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni.
- there are now 3 current or previous number 1′s in the top 10.
- in both 2013 and 2014 StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath was in the top 10 for the whole year and was #1 for over 50% of the weeks in both years – quite remarkable! So far this year its been #1 for 2 weeks and in the top 10 for 1.
We’ve decided to leave up previous number 1′s from the past so you can still view our extended information Zero to One, Capital in the 21st Century, Flash Boys, Lean In, Smart Money Smart Kids, Think Like A Freak, Jab, Jab, Jab Right Hook, Dot Complicated, The ONE Thing, To Sell is Human, Decisive, Patients Come Second, Antifragile, It Worked for me, Tap Dancing to Work and The 4 Disciplines of Execution. This secondary list are the one week wonders titles which as par the paragraph below come straight in at #1 and then disappear the following week. 2014 kicks off with Financially Fearless and is now followed by How the World Sees You.
Our listing comes from the WSJ BookScan (by Nielsen) aggregation of sales which has come in for a little (almost self) criticism in the WSJ. We certainly notice how rapidly a new release can appear in the top 10 one week and disappear in week two. Spooky or spikey? Reminds us of the good old music charts in the early days!
Still one of the best reads around in our opinion – thoroughly recommended Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.
Amazon have come up with lists of 100 best books to read in a lifetime:
*TITLE, Author(s) (Publisher) and *amazon link
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 – Tom Rath / Gallup Press / (A new and upgraded edition of the online test from Gallup’s “Now discover your strengths”).
- Money Master the Game – Tony Robbins / Simon & Schuster / (Seven Simple Steps to Financial Freedom).
- The Total Money Makeover Classic Edition, - Dave Ramsey / Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- The Five Dysfunctions of A Team - Patrick Lencioni / Jossey-Bass / ( A Leadership Fable). Details / Buy
- The 5 Choices – Kory Kogan and Adam Merrill / Simon & Schuster / (The Path to Extraordinary Productivity). Details / Buy
- Strengths Based Leadership - Tom Rath / Gallup Press / ( A Landmark Study of Great Leaders, Teams, and the Reasons Why We Follow). Details / Buy
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 - Travis Bradberry / Talent Smart / Details / Buy
- The Challenger Sale - Matthew Dixon / Portfolio / (Taking Control of the Customer Conversation). Details / Buy
- The Advantage - Patrick M Lencioni / Jossey-Bass / (Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business). Details / Buy
- Good to Great - James C Collins / Harper Business / Details / Buy
* TITLE links are to extended information pages (which are produced when a book has headed the list at some stage). Amazon Details / buy links are generally to the hardback version but digital (Kindle) versions can be obtained prior to checkout. Quite often extracts from the title are provided by Amazon.
- Kindle Reader app If you have a Kindle reader (or in fact even if you don’t), and if you’re not using it already have a look at the free Kindle Reader apps for your mobile, tablet, laptop and desktop device(s).
- Kindle Cloud Reader The free Kindle Cloud Reader lets you access (or create) your “library” of books virtually from anywhere and on any device. Again this applies both if you have or don’t have a Kindle.
.. . . . .. . . . . .