Update 9.45pm BST:
Revenues margins and hence EPS way above analysts estimates & Apple guidance – share price up 8% so far!
- Q2 Revenues/EPS: $45.7bn/$11.62
- Q2 Unit sales (millions) iPhones – 43.7 iPads – 16.4 Macs -
- Dividend increase to $3.29
- Buy back shares program increased by 50% to $90bn
- 7 for 1 stock split planned
- Q3 Guidance Revenues/Gross margin $36-$38 bn / 37% – 38%
- Share price : Close $524.75 – After hours + $43 Current
Updated schedule below (to follow)
Apple results, for their Q2 2014 (13 weeks ending March 29) should be released around 9.30 pm BST followed fairly rapidly by their Conference Call at 10pm BST (2pm PDT) which you can listen to live.
The, sort of, headline figures to look out for we think are:
- If their revenues are less than $43.6bn this quarter it will be the first year on year quarterly decrease we think since Q4 of 2002 – a distinct possibility but we’re sure they will try to avoid this! ( A return to growth is predicted, by many, from the next quarter onwards).
- Quarter 2 results consensus (Professionals/The Street) Revenues / Earnings per share – $43.5bn / $10.22
- Quarter 3 mid guidance consensus Revenues / Earnings per share – $39bn / $8.50
- Possibly an increased dividend from $3.05 to $3.35 per share
Whilst no new product announcements will be made many think that a new larger iPhone 6 and iWatch are on the horizon whilst we are still hopeful of a REAL Apple TV in the not too distant future!
The source of much of our information is Philip Elmer-Dewitt editor of Apple 2.0 to whom we, and likely many others are indebted.
Our normal graphic uses his info for the Professionals and Amateurs figures and the mid guidance information from Apple. We also add our guesses. We’re going for a rounded set of results this time!
We will report back later after the results are released and the Conference call has taken place. Usually the Q & A session adds value. We shall see, or rather hear, if this continues to be the case!
We’ll leave you with the latest iPhone 5s add showing you how powerful it really is!