Apple results, for their Q4 2014 (13 weeks ending September 27) were released around 9.30 pm BST on October 20 followed fairly rapidly by their Conference Call at 10pm BST (2pm PDT) See Update 2 below for replay
Update (2) am BST October 21:
- Press release – Earnings release
- SEC quarterly results filing
- Conference call replay / Webcast
- Share price (WSJ)
- Conference call transcript Nasdaq (courtesy Seeking Alpha)
Instant analyst opinions/headlines:
- Bloomberg – Forecast for holiday quarter exceeds estimates
- Financial Times - Smashes through forecasts
- Reuters - iPhone sales beat street but iPad volumes slide
- Wall Street Journal – iPhone 6 recharges growth
Our view – Separate post to follow
Update (1) 9.45 pm BST October 20:
Revenues and EPS way above analysts estimates & Apple guidance – share price up marginally by about $1 so far!
- Q4 Revenues/EPS: $42.1bn/$1.42
- Q4 Unit sales (millions) iPhones –39.3, iPads – 12.3, Macs – 5.5, iPods 2.6
Q1 – 2015 Guidance Revenues/Gross margin $63.5-$66.5 bn / 37.5% – 38.5%
Original post am October 20 WITH SCHEDULE UPDATED WITH ACTUAL FINANCIALS
The, sort of, headline figures to look out for we think are:
- Annual revenue increase is likely to be around 5% (if their guidance mid point of $38.5bn is met) which we think is the lowest since 2001 when there was a decrease!
- If their revenues are less than $39.3bn this quarter the growth rate will show less than 1% of an increase in the moving annual total in the quarter.
- Quarter 4 results consensus (Professionals/The Street) Revenues / Earnings per share – $40bn / $1.30
- Quarter 1 2015 mid guidance consensus Revenues / Earnings per share – $65bn / $2.40
- The Apple Watch won’t impact revenues until likely later in 2015.
The source of much of our information is Philip Elmer-Dewitt of Fortune to whom we, and likely many others are indebted.
Our normal graphic uses his info for the Professionals and Amateurs figures and the mid guidance information from Apple. We also add our guesses. We’re going for a rounded and, sort of, low key set of results this time!
We will report back later after the results are released and the Conference call has taken place. Usually the Q & A session are worthwhile.