- Polling stations open at 7am and close at 10pm
- Across Scotland’s 32 local authorities, there will be 2,608 polling places/stations in local schools and halls, with a total of 5,579 individual polling stations inside.
- 4,285,323 people have registered to vote.
- 109,533 16 & 17 year olds have registered to vote
- 789,024 have registered for a postal vote.
- 4,410,288 people over 16, it is estimated, are resident in Scotland,
TURNOUT – ACTUAL 85 %
Apparently there are no exit polls being conducted so the likely first stat to be divulged will be turnout.
In the last three elections the Scottish figures were:
- UK General Election 2010 – 63.8%
- Scottish Parliament General Election 2011 – 50.6%
- European Parliament Elections 2014 – 33.5%
It is widely expected that turnout today will be high some even estimating it could be above 80%.
The University of Reading have done some analysis of historic turnout and have detailed some of the records which may be at risk. We think it will be over 70%.