Iconeme (pronounced as economy but with a wicked “I” instead of an over used “E”) are now employing their VM Beacon technology with 4 retailers around the UK:
- Bentalls (Kingston upon Thames)
- Hawes & Curtis (Jermyn Street London)
- House of Fraser (Aberdeen)
- Jaeger (Regent Street, London)
Mannequins are accessorised with a Bluetooth electronic beacon in addition to the appropriate apparell. The retailer, via their own programmed web portal will provide information on the specific wear to passing customers on their smartphones using the Iconeme app (both iOS & Android – see below).
The process goes something like the following:
- Passing within range (eg the retailers shop window) your app alerts you to to a VMBeacon presence
- Open the app & access the mannequin
- Liking the look explore the apparel further
- You can then, get more detail, find where it is instore, purchase from the retailers website, share the info with friends or family or save the look for further investigation.
The app can also provide you with offers from time to time.
We rather liked the look of the Iconeme app graphic - but we are of course biased.
Certainly this is likely an area where iBeacon technology could certainly catch on.
We’ll leave you with a Beacons insight video from GDR which features the Iconeme VMBeacon system and app.