Google announced earlier this week that it is in the process of building a domain registration service.
It’s not “… fully-featured yet, but we’re giving a small group of people the ability to buy and transfer domains through it and send feedback on their experience.” It’s by invitation only at present and looks like it’s a US only service right now.
The “features” they envisage providing, are in their words.
“Here’s what you get:
- No additional cost for private registration
- Branded emails
- Easy domain forwarding
- Customizable sub-domains
- Fast, secure and reliable Internet infrastructure with Google
- Simple domain management tools
- Easy integration with top website builders
- New domain endings (assistance re the new gTLDs)
We added the italics annotation re the new gTLDs in which of course Google is a significant player applying for, we think, over 100 names range from the obvious .google to the less obvious .dot!
Worth a look and applying to join in if you are a US small business
Very interesting, we shall await developments!