In the 17 categories we reckon there are a total of 92 individuals and 4 companies/organisations on their shortlist. Several are shortlisted in more than one category so the total shortlisted number is 140! Congratulations to all of them.
Six women, four men and one joint male combination win out with three nominations each. Typically they are founder CEOs / MDs of their company. They are alphabetically:
- Emily Blendell of Bluebella (most captivating, retail and small business categories)
- Kristina Boulden of Romney Marsh Wools (eco, manufacturing and small business)
- David J Brown of VE Interactive (digital innovation, most captivating and turnaround)
- Krissy Charles-Jones of Bright Assessing (most captivating, social and startup)
- Julie Deane of the Cambridge Satchel Company (e-commerce, export and manufacturing)
- Robin Grant and Nathan McDonald of We are Social (digital innovation, social media and turnaround)
- Mark Howling of Pulsant (business technology, services industry and serial)
- Jenny Hughes of Home and pantry (small, startup and young)
- Elouise Mockler of Yog Oat Drinks (small business, startup and young)
- Mark Smith of The Car Finance Company (e-commerce, services industry and small business)
- Colin Stevens of Better Bathrooms (e-commerce, most captivating and retail)
Of the 92 individuals shortlisted we reckon 67 (73%) are male and 25 (27%) are female.
Now on the business names front our shortlist in no particular order is:
- The Chapar
- Not Before Tea (the nine year old see the site link for all the background)
- Great British Florist
We will announce our winner after the main awards are presented!
Oh & a special mention for the Bright Ideas Den and Karen Turnbull which helped inspire our headline!
Of the named companies we were, sort of, somewhat disappointed that only five 29% operated from .co.uk domains.