- Sir Tim Berners-Lee
- Sir Richard Branson
- Matt Brittin (Google VP Northern & Central Europe)
- Jilly Forster
- Jacqueline Fuller (leads Google Giving)
decided on the three awardees from the 10 finalists in Google’s Global Impact Challenge yesterday and the “Fan Favourite” which won the popular vote from amongst the hundreds of thousands of participants was also revealed.
The winners are:
- SolarAid will enable widespread access to low-cost, safe solar lighting in off-grid African communities currently reliant on kerosene lighting.
- Integrity Action will improve public infrastructure and services in war-torn countries through an online and mobile platform for citizens to report on development projects.
- CDI Apps For Good will revolutionize computing education by engaging youth in the hands-on creation of apps.
- Zoological Society of London will equip next generation camera traps with automated sensors, improving the protection of threatened wildlife. (The Fan Favourite)
There’s a suitably concise video (just over a minute) for each awardee which we thought warranted inclusion as their projects, we thought, are all quite remarkable and most worthy.
Congratulations to them all and well done Google for their philanthropy