Tim Cook (Apple’s CEO) appeared yesterday at the All Things Digital Executive Conference being held May 28-30 at the rather impressively located Terranea Resort “L A’s Ocean front resort” in California
These conferences started back in 2003 so hence this is D11
The interview is with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher
Some of the points we found noteworthy:
- Stock price continues to frustrate him and many others
- Incredible plans & incredible ideas
- TV is an area of incredible interest
- Had a very practical view of glasses which he wears because he has to!
- Wearables “The wrist is interesting”.
- Some android phones are really feature phones.
- Jony Ive* is key (in the iOS update underway)
- Talked a lot about corporate Taxation but said little!
- Not afraid of large acquisitions
- Doesn’t think Apple needs to own content and is unlikely to enter the bidding for Hulu alongside Yahoo and others.
*Still no mention of his knighthood in the Apple bio – strange!
It’s about an hour and twenty minutes worth but for all you aficionado’s out there it is required watching
We’re not sure we’d pay the rumoured $610,000 to have coffee with Mr Cook unless of course there was an understanding about disclosure of new product developments!
Some of the “rules” are interesting:
- The winner may bring along one guest.
- Travel and lodging for the visit, which will last between 30 minutes and an hour, are not covered.
- The location is at Apple Headquarters in Cupertino
- Visitors will be required to sign a nondisclosure agreement and are subject to a security screening.
- They can’t liveblog or tweet during their meeting.
If you want to compare and contrast this with last years highlights these are our extracts.