All you need and more is available from the WPP store (iPhone and Android apps, an iPad magazine Powerpoint presentations, videos infographics + + +)!
Enough eulogising on to the results:
- The top 3 overall most valuable brands are from the technology sector
- 6 of the overall top 10 are from the technology sector (our definition)
- 10 of the overall top 20 are from this tech sector
- Of the Top 20 risers (the greatest value increases over 2012) 4 are techs (Tencent + 52%, Samsung + 51%, eBay + 40% & Amazon +34%
- 2 of the 8 newcomers to the top 100 are techs Yahoo at #92 and our own BT at #94
WPP comment “The combined value of the Top100 has grown by 77% since 2006.They are now worth $2.6 trillion.” On the BrandZ sector classifications both Technology and Telecoms have sort of flatlined in value terms with 1% losses and gins resprectively. Retail which includes Amazon and eBay has risen by 17% and is the fifth highest riser Beer leads the way at 36 % followed interestingly by Global Banks ( 23%).
We’ve got together our top 20 Tech list which includes BrandZ’s Technology Telecom Providers and the Online only businesses from their Retail categories ie Amazon & eBay.
So how will it change this year we think Google could well be vying for the top spot and Samsung will again surge forward. Amazon’s advance may well continue but at a slower rate but they could just make the top 5 – we shall see!
We’ll leave you with their Top 100 video which we thought was somewhat addictively good & catchy!