Twitter recently published details of the top 10 UK best promoted product campaigns by brands on their platform this year, based on a combination of data including total engagements, reach and impressions.
Here we go:
- @EE, brand launch campaign, by MEC (October)
- @StarbucksUK, #FreeStarbucks campaign, by Mannigottlieb OMD (March)
- @Puma, Usain Bolt’s 100 metre final campaign, by Zenith Optimedia (August)
- @DairyMilk, sample giveaway for puzzle solvers, PHD (September)
- @EASportsFifa, to promote the launch of Fifa13, MediaCom (September)
- @EnterTheCabinUK, Lionsgate promotion for launch of the film ‘Cabin in the Woods’ by MEC (April)
- @CokeZone, #freecocacola trend, by Carat (September)
- @AdidasUK, Olympics closing ceremony campaign, by Carat (August)
- @NowTV, Sky’s launch campaign, by MediaCom (August)
- @AssembleLive, Disney Pictures promotion for launch of The Avengers movie from Disney Pictures, by Carat (April)
Interesting to see that @EnteringTheCabinUK has sensibly, in our view, been taken down. Also 2 of the 10 majored on hashtags. Three places for Carat which is impressive.
The Sales Director of Twitter UK Bruce Daisley, told Marketing Magazine that the list shows that there is a “massive spread” of brands, “illustrating that Twitter can work for a road set of advertising categories.” He added: “Some of the best performing campaigns were just great product news, with a great story told well, and they don’t have to be gimmicky.”
Daisley said other high-performing campaigns were ones which integrated online and offline, such as EE. He advised brands not to see Twitter as “an afterthought.”
On the business front Apple & Pepsico have really got together in a bit of a love-fest in Apples iPad in Business zone finding “A new way to work” together involving copious iPhone usage as well.
Several Pepsico internally designed apps are featured including:
- Manager’s Briefcase app – Gives managers the ability to oversee deliveries, schedules, and customer contracts.
- SPOTlight app – Provides access to SharePoint content, including presentations and videos
- Power4Merch app – Allows merchandisers to view schedule, store and display details