The SmartKey – Smarten up your TV (as long as it has an HDMI port) for €99+ from the beginning of July. This is LiquidTv’s boast. “The SmartKey TV is a small pocket-sized dongle that connects to the HDMI port of any regular TV, Video screen or projector, and convert it into a Smart TV.
It’s the smallest dongle in the world with HDMI that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich” and if you are fluent in Italian here’s their video!
So if Apple has its hobby TV maybe Android deserves one as well!
The imrsmart knowledgebase – At the end of last month IMRG (Interactive Media in Retail Group – the voice of e-retail) announced in conjunction with emota (European Multi-channel and Online Trade Association ) “… the launch of an open-access, fully interactive platform offering a wide range of insights into the performance of the global e-commerce market.”
“The data in IMR Smart is divided into the following categories:
- e-Commerce: This section contains data on the growth of e-commerce markets across more than 60 countries
- Country Dashboards: In-depth information on 200 countries and other economic regions such as MENA, OPEC and GCC
- e-Sales Index: Real aggregated sales data representing retailers across 16 categories
- Delivery Index: Real parcel performance data sourced from more than 220 retailers tracking 3.5 million parcels
- Other Stats: Information on topics such as Facebook penetration, and mobile and fixed line penetration.
- Economics: Information to help identify leading economies of the world and access e-commerce potential.
- Demographics: Data on male and female population, spread of population across different age groups (e.g. 0 -14 years, 15 – 65 years).
- Rankings: The rankings section provides a glimpse of the performance of countries across various indicators such as e-readiness, ICT development and ease of doing business.”
There does appear to be a wealth of data available and we are still exploring the database and may well return with additional comments and conclusions at a later date.