The 53 page notice details resolutions etc.
It is pretty unlikely that a future intention to make a dividend paymernt will be announced today but we suppose there’s a 5% or less chance that it just might be! In the unlikely event that an intent is announced we, along with several million others, will let you know about it!
Also certain concerns about its huge market value clouding the overall market.
Add these to some other current Apple topics and we detect a certain negativity in the press coverage almost as an attempt to compensate for the the recent over positivity!
On the anticipated iPad 3 and/or 2x announcements sometime in the first half of the year we are confident it will revert to normality.
In other news:
Tim Cook gave a presentation at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference on 14 February. There’s an audio webcast on Apple’s site. and a (unofficial) Macrumours treanscript. Worth a read and/or listen!
Update 3.30pm GMT No dividend news yet but here’s ABC News going behind the scenes of Apple Foxconn factories in Chengdu and Shenzen in China.
Update 7.30pm GMT
Not exactly a transcript from Apple’s Shareholder meeting but a useful (originally real time) summary from CNBC
Highlights we reckon are:
- “We get profit from selling devices…” Apple doesn’t want to make a ton of money from content, Tim Cook said.
- On cash “My message there is that the board and the management team are thinking about this very deeply … And we will do what we think is in the best interest of shareholders.”
- Apple has more than 360 retail stores, more than 110 million visited last quarter, Cook says.
- Cook mentions it is the first meeting since Steve Jobs passed, “There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t miss him.” Cook thanks shareholders for their condolences, says his sadness has turned to determination.
Other commentators highlight:
- Apple adopts majority voting. Though Apple had recommended against it, they saw it was likely to win. Apple board members all will voluntarily resign if they do not receive a majority of votes.
The meeting finished at 11.07 am approx PST (7.07pm GMT)