Another Survey this time from one of our favourite sources.
Download the ComScore pdf
TOP 10 NEED-TO-KNOWS ABOUT SOCIAL NETWORKING AND WHERE IT’S HEADED
- Social networking is the most popular online activity worldwide
- Social networking behavior both transcends and reflects regional differences around the world
- The importance of Facebook cannot be overstated
- Microblogging has emerged as a disruptive new force in social networking
- Local social networks are making inroads globally
- It’s not just young people using social networking anymore – it’s everyone
- ‘Digital natives’ suggest communications are going social
- Social networking leads in online display advertising in the U.S., but lags in share of dollars
- The next disrupters have yet to be decided
- Mobile devices are fueling the social addiction
We’re not aiming to reduce the survey down to 140 characters but in a nutshell (as its that time of year!)
- 1 in 5 minutes we spend on line is on social networks
- A lot of us onliners (98% in the UK US and Spain) use social networks (although Japan at 58% is a surprise)
- Facebook (who have lots of ads) & Twitter (who don’t) are the top 2 networks.and they all have global reach.
- All ages use, Digital Natives use most!
- Can’t predict the next disruptive network/phenomenon
- Mobile devices fuel our addiction
Continuing the Top ten theme we have added the 1-10 rankings to ComShare’s chart of Tweet topic winners! We wonder if there are any more to come. There’s still 8 and a bit days to go!